Confusion reigned in day one of Lockdown 3 in Udaipur, when social media was full of unreliable messages, specially pertaining to operations in the market and shops. Police had to intervene in certain market areas and request the shop owners to close their shops as permission was not granted.
Collector Anandi, towards evening on 4 May, shared her message with media and the public in general, and once again gave a simple clarification on the permissions given for lockdown 3, which will be applicable from 4 May till 17 May. These are the bullet points:
- There are three distinct categories in Udaipur district, which will follow the norms of Lockdown 3 - areas under containment zone; areas not under containment zones (Urban) and areas not under containment zones (Rural)
4 Police Station zones in Udaipur have been classified under containment zones, viz. Sukher, Pratapnagar, Hiran Magri and Savina. Due to identified positive cases, certain pockets in these containment zones are under curfew.
There will be NO CHANGE in the functioning of markets in containment zones - all restrictions will be in place as earlier. Residents can go outdoors to procure essentials for a few hours in the day.
There will be NO CHANGE in the functioning of markets in curfew areas. Residents cannot move out for essentials as well.
- Other non-containment zones in urban Udaipur will also function in the same way as before. All permissions given in Lockdown 2 (as per order dated 15 April and 19 April) to continue. No additional permissions have been given with respect to opening of shops. Offices and commercial establishments, however, can opreate with 33% staff and following all social distancing norms. Click here for details.
- Construction activies in the urban areas can commence if labour is institutionalised - which means that the labour will continue to have their lodgin and boarding on the construction site - UIT can be approached for permission and passes.
- No additional pass needed for vehicle movement between 7am till 7pm subject to given restrictions. Click here for restrictions on vehicle movement.
- Industrial activity has been permitted in urban parts of Udaipur. Industries in RIICO Madri, Kaladvas can function as normal. Though, movement of labour will be defined as per norms.
RURAL AREAS: All activities have been permitted in Rural areas. Shops, markets, construction activities, etc will begin to function normally.