Household shifting is one amongst the complex phases of relocation. When a person is supposed to move with the goods he is attached the most, then it really becomes a big problem for him. Making a move with the possessions that really matters a lot in his life is a task full of risk and responsibility. When he makes the decision of moving with the goods it’s his strong desire that things should reach to the next destination safe and secure.
In order to make the safest move with his goods, he opts for the service of packers and movers as well. The professionals handle the move perfectly well and provide great shifting experience to people. But, in case you don’t want to invest on them then a great option for you is DIY. Shifting is a tough task and requires great planning and a good implementation too. Here, Packersandmover.com is mentioning the best ways through which you can provide a positive dimension to moving and shifting your things.
- When you are planning to pack by yourself make sure you have adequate packing materials by your side. High quality moving boxes reduce the chance of damage during a move.
- You can make use of newspaper in packing; however the ink can stain items being packed.
- It is always a good idea if you plan room by room. Label each box with its location in the new home and a box number. Make a list of each box number with an inventory of its contents. If any box contains high value material make a separate list of it so that you can access it easily at the new home.
- Choosing adequate boxes for packing is much necessary/ Make sure all boxes used can support the weight of its contents.
- The golden rule of packing is to place heavier items at the bottom and lighter items at the top of packing box this will provide base strength.
- De cluttering the load is another essential part of moving. In order to ensure that only important things make a move with you, you must sort out the things that are of no use.
- While packing drawers for move make sure that any fragile items should be removed from it. Clothing can remain in the drawers.
- Perishable foods should be used up or given away before the move if moving more than 50 miles away. Food can contaminate other items too.
- If you are moving with canned goods then make sure that canned goods should be packed in small boxes 30-40 cans per box.
- Curtains and drapes can be draped over bar in wardrobe cartons. Blinds can be rolled and placed in wardrobe carton. Placing all the furnishing together is also a great idea.
- Highly inflammable material like petrol should not be in your packing list. If there is any harm caused due to these things then the responsibility would be yours only.
- While packing lamps make sure that lamp shades and bulbs are packed adequately. The base of the lamps can be wrapped in old blankets or plenty of packing paper and placed in a carton.
- Electronics and computers should be packed in their original boxes if possible. If original boxes are unavailable, then strong extra thick cartons should be used. Don’t forget to provide adequate cushioning to the things so that it may reach to the destination at the safest mode.
- Small artwork, antique and mirrors should be placed on edge in cartons. Larger mirrors and artwork will be placed in special cartons by the movers. It is a great idea if you engage packers and movers for packing the artwork.
- If you are shipping your car then make sure that the tank is nearly empty. Fuel will add to the weight of vehicle and nothing more while on move.
- Make sure that you should have a nice flat work surface with a neat stack of packing paper.
- Center a plate in the middle of packing paper. Grab several sheets of paper from the corner and bring to the center. Do the same with each corner.
- While packing the glasses, fill it with crumpled packing paper.
- Set on corner of paper and roll two rotations pull sides of paper over glass and continue rolling to the corner.
- You are supposed to place glasses in an upright position towards the top of the box.
- Don’t forget to mark the box of fragile items. This will ensure the safe handling of boxes at both the ends.
- Extremely fragile items should be packed individually in packing paper.
- You must keep in mind that any movement inside the box can damage the product inside hence it is necessary for you to use plenty of packing paper for a tight fit.
Packing is no more a tough task. The only requirement on your side is to be planned and organized. For much better residential relocation experience you can hire packers and movers but in case you don’t want to invest in this area you can follow the above mentioned tips and terminate shifting at a positive note.
Packersandmover.com is an online platform that brings top-notch Packers and Movers in Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, and other important cities and towns of India at one place. This portal has been launched with aim to provide significant help on selection the best Packers and Movers in Bangalore, Pune, Delhi, Mumbai, and other Indian cities at affordable and genuine price.