Udaipur,11.10.23- Four members of a family including a 68 year old man, his wife, daughter and son were killed on in wee hours on Friday morning in Salumbar district as they got electrocuted one by one as they attempted to save each other.
Police said that the incident took place at Lasadiya Gram Panchayat of due to short circuit.
It was the 68 year old Onkar Lal Meena who came in contact of the electric current, when his wife Bhamri Meena ran to safe him she also got electrocuted and later Onkar's son Devi Lal and daughter Mangi also got electrocuted while attempting to help their parents, the impact of the incident was such that all of them died on the spot, said police.
While the electric current was all over in the house Devi Lal's wife some how managed to leave the house and save her one and a half year old daughter, added police.
She later raised an alarm following which the neighbours rushed outside the house, they called the police upon which the station house officer of the local police station Praveen Singh Shaktawat rushed to the scene along with his team and the electricity supply was also cut later on.
The dead bodies of the deceased were shifted to the government hospital of Lasadiya Gram Panchayat for postmortem. District Collector of Salumbar Pratap Singh also went to the scene to take stock of the situation.
A similar incident took place on Thursday at Jhadol area of Udaipur where an elderly couple got electrocuted while working on their fields. The incident occured when both of them suddenly came in contact with a high voltage wire hanging passing from their filed.
The locals also complaint that at many places the high voltage wires are passing from the fileds which is a threat to human life, they have informed the officials of the concerned department but action was taken so far.