If you’re looking for job opportunities online and you want to work from home then be careful of the unknown companies who give big offers only to defraud you later. Cybercrime is the rising threat that needs control. This article will highlight the Work From Home Scam.
Understanding about this scam:
In this scam, fraudsters pose as companies and independent contractors to try to offer you fake remote jobs. Deceitful people give fake job offers online posing that they are from official companies. During Covid and after Covid, work from home became popular in India and so the scams have increased in numbers as well.
How to avoid this scam?
- Avoid suspicious emails, calls and messages, offering you big job offers for which you are not qualified.
- Beware of short URLs, informative requests on Google forms from unknown sources.
- Look for poor spelling and grammatical mistakes in emails, SMS and portals.
- Beware of suspicious links asking for personal information.
- Always check the header of emails for verifying the genuineness of the offer or entity.
- Never share sensitive information like your Aadhaar and PAN card number with strangers.
- Avoid answering a company which has very little information on the portal.
- Remember, you don’t have to pay to work. If you are asked to pay first and then job then it is scam.
- Report the incident to the nearest Cyber Crime Police Station and National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal at https://cybercrime.gov.in/
Source: Click Here