The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) program is an opportunity for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote economic development.
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in collaboration with nine IIMs including IIM Udaipur has invited applications for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF).
The fellowship is a two-year combined programme consisting of classroom sessions at IIMs and gaining practical knowledge on field. 'Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship' (MGNF) 2021-23 in collaboration with IIM Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Jammu, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Ranchi, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam provides a unique opportunity to promote skill planning and development in district economies.
Selected students get a stipend of 50k/month in the 1st year and 60k/month in the 2nd year. The last date to apply is March 27. MGNF 2021-23, has been rolled out nationally in more than 660 districts across India.
The fellowship is being offered under the World Bank loan assisted programme SANKALP. This fellowship is a certificate programme in Public Policy and Management and the same will be given to candidates who successfully complete the course.
What is the Eligibility criteria
- Applicants must be citizens of India between 21-30 years of age.
- Graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) from a recognised university or a postgraduate from a recognised university. Ability to communicate proficiently in the state's official language is also needed.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred.
- Subjective assessment of candidates not fulfilling the work experience criteria may be used for select candidates.
- Admission cycle opened on: 13 February 2021.
- Deadline to apply:27 March 2021.
- Admit card: first week of April 2021.
- Written entrance test: third week of April.
- Test results: last week of April 2021.
- Case study and analysis: between the 2nd and 4th week of April 2021.
- Phase 2 will commence by July 2021
Details of test
- Closed book exam to be conducted in capital cities of all major states and Union Territories.
- 100 multiple choice questions.
- Four sections, viz. General Awareness, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
- A personal interview, case analysis and language proficiency test will also be conducted.
How to apply?
- To fill out the application form, click here.
- For assistance, applicants can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any other assistance, candidates can send an e-mail to email@example.com