JEE Main will be the first NTA examination of 2024

JEE Main will be the first NTA examination of 2024

 
NTA EXamination Calendar 2024, date for jee main, date for neet 2024, dates for CUET 2024, Dates for CUET PG 2024

The national competitive examination authority, National Testing Agency has announced its examination calendar for the year 2024. This advance intimation will help the candidates to structure their final preparations accordingly.

The Engineering entrance examination, JEE MAIN Session 1 will be held from 24 Jan - 1 Feb 2024 and will be the first competitive examination conducted by NTA for the year 2024. The JEE, which was conducted by the CBSE till 2018, is being conducted by the NTA since 2019. A total of 11,13,325 unique candidates appeared for the JEE in 2023. The  JEE will be held in two session as was for 2022 and 2023 and the second session will be held in April 2024.

The NTA Examination Calendar for 2024 as per the agencies press release on 14 September is as follows:

JEE Main Session 1 24 Jan - 1 Feb
JEE Main Session 2 1 April - 15 April
NEET (UG) 5 May
CUET (PG) 11 Mar - 28 Mar
CUET (UG) 15 May - 31 May
UGC NET Session 1 10 Jun - 21 Jun

The above examinations are all CBT (Computer Based Tests) with the exception of NEET UG, which is a pen/paper OMR based examination. NEET UG is conducted for entrance into the empanelled Medical Colleges across India. The second set of examinations will be released at a later date.

Candidates clearing the JEE Examination are eligible to apply for seats in the IITs, IIITs, NITs and GFTIs. The total number of seats available in 2023 were 17,385 (IITs), 23954 (NITs), 7746 (IIITs) and 806 (GFTIs). The category wise break up of seats available under JEE 2023 is as under:

CAT IIT NIT IIIT GFTI
Open 6689 9169 3082 3409
O-PWD 350 475 134 176
G-EWS 1659 2261 718 802
G-E-PWD 79 126 25 31
SC 2472 3372 1096 1159
SC-PWD 136 180 50 51
ST 1252 2017 556 723
ST-PWD 58 109 18 24
OBC 4456 5934 1961 1617
O-PWD 234 311 106 75

Candidates clearing the NEET (UG) Examination will be eligible to apply for seats in government and private medical colleges in India, as announced by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The last phase of admissions counselling to the colleges for 2023 are still going on while this post is being published. For 2023, there are 681 medical colleges offering seats through NEET (UG) 2023. The total number of seat in contention are 1,04,333, of which 54,278 seats are in government medical colleges and 50,135 seats are in private medical colleges. 15% quota seats will be allotted by MCC while the remaining 85% seats will be allotted by the respective State authorities through NEET counselling. Among States, Tamil Nadu has the maximum NEET seats (11,225) followed by Karnataka (11,020) and Uttar Pradesh (9,253).

The State wise break up of seats in Medical College for NEET 2023 is as under:

State/ UT

Govt

Pvt

Total

Andaman and Nicobar Islands

100

0

100

Andhra Pradesh

2,485

2,850

5,335

Arunachal Pradesh

50

0

50

Assam

1,150

0

1,150

Bihar

1,515

900

2,415

Chandigarh

150

0

150

Chhattisgarh

965

600

1,565

Dadra and Nagar Haveli

150

0

150

Delhi

1,247

250

1,497

Goa

180

0

180

Gujarat

3,700

2,000

5,700

Haryana

710

950

1,660

Himachal Pradesh

770

150

920

Jammu and Kashmir

1,047

100

1,147

Jharkhand

680

250

930

Karnataka

3,150

6,995

10,145

Kerala

1,555

2,700

4,255

Madhya Pradesh

2,180

1,900

4,080

Maharashtra

4,825

5,070

9,895

Manipur

225

150

375

Meghalaya

50

0

50

Mizoram

100

0

100

Odisha

1,375

750

2,125

Puducherry

380

1,250

1,630

Punjab

800

950

1,750

Rajasthan

3,055

950

4,005

Sikkim

0

150

150

Tamil Nadu

5,725

5,500

11,255

Telangana

1,840

3,200

5,040

Tripura

125

100

225

Uttar Pradesh

4,303

4,750

9,053

Uttarakhand

700

450

1,150

West Bengal

3,225

1,000

4,225

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal