Good Friday is observed on the Friday before Easter Sunday to memorialize the suffering of Lord Jesus Christ, when he was crucified. A Seven Words program at Shepherd Memorial Church, Chetak Circle was organized today on 22 nd
Christians observe fast before Good Friday, as a mark of respect to Lord Christ. 8 o’ clock prayers were offered to Lord Jesus which is considered the time before Lord Jesus was crucified. Another prayer was offered at 12 o’ clock in the noon. Both prayers were by speaker Rev. Vachan S. Bhandari.
The rituals of Good Friday were organized at all churches of Udaipur. Here is the description of seven words from the cross. Which is the message of Lord Jesus when he was being crucified.
- 1st word: “Father forgive them.”
- 2nd word: “Today shall thou be with me in Paradise.”
- 3rd word: “Woman behold thy son…Behold thy mother.”
- 4th word: “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?”
- 5th word: “I thirst.”
- 6th word: “It is finished.”
- 7th word: “Father into thy hands I comment my Spirit.”
Programs on Easter Sunday
After Good Friday, comes Easter Sunday and events would be organized. Events on Easter Sunday:
- Candle March -5 am.
- 9 am- Prayers, songs & teachings of easter.
- 6pm- Easter Eve (musical)
- Easter Fair will be held after Easter Service.
All the evening worships will be held in Shepherd Memorial Church
, except Easter Worship Service & fair which will be held outside the Church, in the Church premises.