The first day at the Udaipur Architecture Festival set off to a sussessful start with nearly 1500 participants hearing out the who's who of the architecture world. Here is the brief of the first day's activities...
- Ar. Kazuma Yamao shared his Key principles and ideas to being Global and the importance of a wider reach in the field of architecture. He spoke about cultural sensitivity and the impact of considering local context in building design. He aims to inspire and enhance user experience by simplicity in architecture.
- Fun, light hearted and extremely interesting session on the art of paper folding with Origami artist Paul Jackson. He reminds us in the age of technology we often forget the magic our own hands can create. From his years of experience and knowledge he explains the relation between fold and architecture.
- An epitome of sustainability, art lover and an inspiration; Bill Bensley is working hard towards fighting climate change. This session is a must watch for all aspiring architects and designers. His work will guide you towards creating a better future. Defining and setting up the bar high for conservation his designs are plastic free and out of the box. He gives us a glimpse of his design process and shows us the fun and adventure side of creation.
- From our home town Udaipur, Ar. Sunil Laddha talks about the use of technology towards building a user friendly design. As we cross centuries and timelines, the combination of human brain and technology can help us reach heights. He explains the importance of architects and designers in the creation of spaces that we live in and the chaotic and unorganised design their absence can lead to. Affordability and time management are important aspects of architecture design, he proposes a solution that can open up new possibilities towards a more inclusive design for all.
- From building cities to building conversations, Leewardists have come a long way in breaking the stigma about career in architecture. They aim to bring architecture and design to the common man, discuss complex issues in a fun and humorous way. They share with us the story of their growth and struggle of every architect’s life in a way everyone can relate to.
It only gets better from here. Check out the line-up for the 2nd and final day of the UAF 2020 below. To enjoy informative tech-talks, interesting movies, exhibitions and insights from world renowned architects please log in to the live portal at https://udaipurarchitecturefestival.in/ from 11:45am IST.