Top 7 Precautions Against Swine Flu
Swine flu, horror in bliss of monsoon is spreading at high rate, increasing death toll everyday. Like all other viral infections it can also be combated if certain things are taken care of. Concerned about the same issue we met Dr. O.P. Meena (Department Medicine), member of Core committee appointed for Swine Flu at M.B. hospitals and asked him about the precautions and the cure of the disease
Swine flu, horror in bliss of monsoon is spreading at high rate, increasing death toll everyday. Like all other viral infections it can also be combated if certain things are taken care of. Concerned about the same issue we met Dr. O.P. Meena (Department Medicine), member of Core committee appointed for Swine Flu at M.B. hospitals and asked him about the precautions and the cure of the disease.
2) Use medicated facemask while going out, which are available free of cost in hospitals or at very nominal prices.
3) Keep at least 6 feet gap from person sneezing or suffering from bad cough as germs in air can infect you.
4) Be cautious while touching or using unhygienic public facilities like toilets, roadside food etc.
5) Use sanitizer and frequently wash hands with soap after visiting public places.
6) Pregnant women must avoid going to public places, as they are more prone to Swine Flu.
7) Consult doctor immediately if cough and cold prevails for long duration. Infected person must visit doctor without hesitation.
While some of the Ayurvedic medicines like Kadha (prepared by boiling herbs in water) is also a good way to increase your immunity against this disease. Nowadays, many organizations are distributing them free of cost.
Symptoms and Cure
For appropriate medication, patients are kept under category A, B and C.
1. Patients under category A:-
Symptoms – cough and cold, fever, watering nose
Cure – normal medication of seasonal fever
2. Patients under category B:-
Symptoms – high fever, severe cold and cough, tiredness, breathing problem, severe headache
Cure – patients of heart diseases, kidney ailments, diabetes or pregnant women are given treatment immediately without any diagnosis (as per the government orders). Vaccines given are Vaxi flu- S, Tami flu, Oseltamivir
3. Patients under category C:-
Symptoms – symptoms of category B leading to severe Pneumonia
Cure – Patient is immediately hospitalized and given vaccine of Vaxi flu-S, Tami flu or Oseltamivir
According to statistics of previous year provided by Dr.O.P.Meena, there were total 135 positive cases of Swine Flu and 14 died out of them. Whereas in 2010 until September 2nd in Udaipur region 57 Swine Flu cases were found positive and among them seven died.
Reason of such rapid increase in Swine Flu cases is unawareness among majority of people regarding precautionary measures or taking them lightly despite of knowing them. Therefore, it is our request to each and everyone to please follow the safety measures and fight against the disease, as first contentment is healthy body.