Woman dies due to electrocution in Jawar Mines

Woman dies due to electrocution in Jawar Mines

A woman died due to electrocution in Rela village in Jawar Mines on Monday morning.

Woman dies due to electrocution in Jawar Mines

A woman died due to electrocution in Rela village in Jawar Mines on Monday morning. An 11 KV high voltage line fell near a school boundary wall as a result of which a woman died on spot and three others got injured. All three injured have been admitted to MB hospital in Udaipur.

Just 10 minutes prior to the incident, almost 250 students went past the area. It would have been a big disaster had the wire fallen on these 250 students. Morning prayer assembly was going on in the school when the electric wire fell near the school boundary.

As per the villagers, it was negligence on part of police, Sarpanch and electricity department. Soon after the incident took place, electric supply was shut down to avoid more mishap. The school children were taken to a safe spot after this.

As per Sarada Deputy Narayan Singh, 33 year old Ganga w/o Hakra Meena was on her way to school. The moment she reached school, the 11 KV wire fell on her and she died on spot. Vali (35) w/o Thavra Meena and Tulsi (27) w/o Kailash Meena along with a 7 year old student Karan s/o Kailash Meena also suffered severe electric shocks. For almost half an hour, there was a flow of current in the ground.

The electric wire was basically a make-shift arrangement tied between two poles.  As per Oda Sarpanch Kalpana Meena, such incidents have happened even earlier. The wire was hung on rings attached to the poles for which written applications were given to the electricity department. The department did not pay heed to this danger. The children were running here and there due to fear when the incident occurred.

It took two hours for the ambulance to reach the spot which agitated the villagers. The dead victim’s family stayed with the body on the road and demanded compensation. The body of the woman was taken to Palodra hospital after assurance of necessary compensation by the department. After post-mortem the body was handed over to the family. Case has been registered against the electricity department based on the report of dead victim’s family.


The information was taken from news published in Dainik Bhaskar. Udaipur Times does not endorse or reject any information provided in the above excerpt and is not responsible for any misrepresentation in the above information in any way. If any person, business or institution is affected directly or indirectly by the above, they may use Contact Us section to highlight the grievance.


To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal