The Digi Yatra app is a new service that the government has introduced for Indian airports. This service enables passengers to move inside an airport without having to carry around their tickets or boarding credentials. The workings of Digi Yatra is based on face recognition technology. The service will recognize the passengers face and will open the gates to airport services.
Enroll in the Digi Yatra service
To utilize the service, a passenger must first register their details on the Digi Yatra app using Aadhaar-based validation and a self-image capture. After registering in the service, a Digi Yatra ID will be generated. Your name, email address, mobile number, and identifying information (such as a Driver's License, Voter ID or Aadhar card) are required.
If a passenger wants to use this service, they must provide their Digi Yatra ID each time they purchase a flight ticket.
At the entry gate, the passengers must scan their ticket or boarding pass (both digital and paper copies will suffice).
On August 15, Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) published the beta version of the DigiYatra app. DigiYatra Mobile App, a decentralized technology, has been marketed as secure. The biometric information of the passenger is saved on the passenger's mobile device and is not shared with anybody. The encrypted information on a passenger's phone can be sent to the airport from where the person is departing 24 hours before the flight. Your identity will be confirmed online if you chose Aadhaar-based verification. If you choose another identity card, the verification will be done manually by airport security officers.
Steps of Verification:
1. Download the DigiYatra app from the Google Play Store or App
2. Tap on the "Get Started" button.
3. Enter your mobile phone number
4. Hit the register button
5. After that, validate your phone number by entering the OTP you recieved.
6. Then, tap on the "Wallet" option available at the bottom of your screen.
7. Tap on the Identity credential option.
8. Agree to the terms and conditions, and hit the OK button
How to use Digi service at the airport:
1. The passengers will have to present their ticket and boarding pass (physical and digital both will work)
2. The e-ticket or boarding pass will be scanned.
3. The system will verify the passenger information and flight information after scanning the QR code.
4. DigiYatra ID will use face recognition to confirm the identity.
5. The e-gate will open after the ticket and DigiYatra ID have been successfully verified.
6. As soon as you enter the airport, your Face ID and ticket PNR are combined into a single token that will be used for duration of your stay there.
7. Passengers will be able to enter the security area and board the aircraft using an e-gate that uses facial recognition technology.