A private travels bus ferrying passengers from Nepal border to Rajkot went up in flames while it was under operation. This incident occured near the Amberi bridge in Sukher, Udaipur. Fortuinately, no injuries or loss of life was reported, but the luiggage of all passengers was burnt to ashes.
The incident occured near the Amberi bridge today morning. The passengers were quick in realising that the bus was catching fire, and thus exited with proper coordination and the remaining in the bus were safely evacuated. There was no report of serious injuries, but the luggage compartment and the sleeper section of the coach turned to ashes.
The driver of the bus, Rajendra, noticed that the the rear end of the bus was going up in flames, hence keeping his wits about him, Rajendra slided towards the service road and stopped the bus. The passengers were evacuated safely, but since the rear end has the luggage compartment, this part could not be saved.
Fire extinguishing vehicles arrived at the spot and the fire was doused. In the process, a nearby hut caught fire and suffered some damage. Police see it to be a fire caused prima facie by a short circuit, though investigations are on.
To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on GoogleNews | WhatsApp | Telegram | Signal