Two fire incidents reported in Udaipur on Wednesday, no casualties


Two fire incidents reported in Udaipur on Wednesday, no casualties 

Chemical godown gutted at Khanjipeer area

 
Fire at Udaipur
UT WhatsApp Channel Join Now

In Udaipur fire broke out at two different places on Wednesday, however short circuit is believed to be the cause of fire at both the incidences.

The first incidence occurred at Saifi Colony of Khanjipeer area at around 12.30 pm where the fire suddenly broke out at a paint godown where paint boxes and drums of thinker and other chemicals were stored in a huge quantity. Two cars that were parked outside the godown also got charred during the incidence.

However no causality was reported during the mishap.

It took around 2 hours of efforts for the firefighting team to finally dozed off the fire. More than 8 fire engines took more than 10 circles to control the fire.

A huge number of people gathered near the godown after getting the information of the mishap and no sooner the district collector Tarachand Meena also responded on the scene to take stock of the situation. Meena appreciated the efforts of the fire fighters and also assured that action will be taken against those who is storing chemicals in a huge quantity in a residential area.

While the second came to light from Sapetiya area of Udaipur where fire broke out at division’s one of the biggest furniture factory named as I.E.O.V Furniture.

The incident took place at factory’s under construction office after fire occurred due to short circuit, it soon spread in the area and also went to the old office building located nearby. But everyone present were evacuated safely.

Soon a team of police led by Additional Sp City Chandrasheel Thakur also reached to the scene, and fire engines also reached to control the fire.

Thakur said that around 4 fire engines responded on the scene and controlled the fire .

Manager Operations Pradeep Jain said that the incident occurred in afternoon. As per Jain the I.E.OV company is already having an office  inside the premises and another office is under construction. The fire broke out at the under construction part of the office. Around 50 to 60 people were present at the office building at the time of the mishap , but all were safely evacuated, moreover computers and few important files and documents were also removed safely and not loss occurred during the incident.   

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal