WhatsApp has made it clear that it will be sharing information with "third-party service providers and other Facebook companies.
WhatsApp users in India have started noticing the new policy window that pops up while using the platform and asking for the user to accept the new T&C or choose to delete the account. WhatsApp has made it clear that it will be sharing information with "third-party service providers and other Facebook companies.
- Information about WhatsApp service and how it will process User data
- Includes Facebook managed companies in addition to just iCloud or Google Drive
- Updates on how businesses use Facebook hosted services to manage their WhatsApp Chats
- WhatsApp integration across Facebook
- Sharing of WhatsApp information on Facebook
- How the other Facebook companies will support the platform
“Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect your information related to the groups you created or the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them."
- Elaborates on how information exchange with FB will be utilised, including:
- improve infrastructure and delivery
- promoting safety, security and integrity - securign systems , fighting spam, threats, abuse or infringement
- improve user experiences, personalizing features and content as well as payment and messaging intergration.
- Explained on what happens when the account is deleted - not all information is deleted.