Udaipur Smart City: Ayad River Beautification Nears Completion Amid Monsoon Concerns

Udaipur Smart City: Ayad River Beautification Nears Completion Amid Monsoon Concerns

Parks are built every 15 meters alongside the river

Ayad River

The Ayad River beautification project, spearheaded by the smart city company, is on the brink of completion, with 85% of the work completed. The CEO of the Smart City, Pradeep Sangawat, has assured that the remaining 15% will be finished within the next 20 days before the onset of the monsoon.

Construction Progress

A significant portion of the river, spanning a 1-kilometer stretch, awaits completion. Work is actively underway from the bridges to the Thokar intersection, which is situated 5 kms from the urban area along the 30 kms long river. Notably, a 9-meter-wide canal has been developed over a 4-kilometer area in this section.

Infrastructure Completed 

To enhance safety and aesthetics, 24 high-mast lights have been installed along the 5 kms river stretch, with 16 already activated. This has begun to illuminate the surroundings, providing a pleasant ambiance. Additionally, both river banks have been levelled, and boulder pitching has been constructed on the two sides. 

Recreational Spaces

Parks are built every 15 meters along the Ayad River, providing fun places for people in the city to relax and enjoy themselves. Most of the parks, about 85%, are already finished. 

Monsoon Precautions

Despite concerns arising from previous years monsoon damages, smart city officials remain confident in the durability of the current infrastructure. In previous instances, flooding during the monsoon led to the destruction of pavements, gardens, and uprooting of trees. Experts caution about potential overflow from nearby Fateh Sagar and Swaroop Sagar lakes, contributing excess water to the Ayad River. However, officials assert that measures have been taken to mitigate potential damages this time around.

Source: Dainik Bhaskar


To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal