Walk-ins will be registered on site and administered the jabs.
The government has plans of vaccinating all adults by the end of 2021.
The centre has announced free covid-19 vaccination for all adults above the age of 18 at any government facility w.e.f. 21st June for which onsite registration facility will be provided and registration on Co-Win app is not mandatory. The government is aiming at vaccinating all adults by the end of 2021.
The centre’s new policy came after Supreme Court slammed the ongoing vaccination drive for the age group 18 to 44 calling it “arbitrary and irrational”.
The centre’s new vaccine policy is as follows:
- The centre will buy 75 % of the vaccines from the manufacturers and give to the state governments free of cost.
- All people above the age of 18 will be administered vaccines free at government facilities.
- Registration on Co-Win is not mandatory anymore and walk-ins will be registered at the facility itself.
- The states may avail the facilities of Call Centres and CSC to help citizens in booking the slots.
- Each vaccine manufacturer will declare the price of vaccines for the private hospitals and inform of any changes in advance.
Sources also say that:
- Under India's new vaccine policy, Centre has come up with a provision of non-transferable electronic vouchers that allows one to pay for vaccine slot at a private hospital for another person.
- “To promote the spirit of 'Lok Kalyan', use of non-transferable electronic vouchers which can be redeemed at private vaccination centres, will be encouraged. This would enable people to financially support vaccination of economically weaker sections (EWS) at private vaccination centres,” read the policy document.
- According to some reports, these vouchers will be approved by the Reserve Bank of India.