On Sunday October 22, 2023 morning, a fire erupted in an apartment number 903 situated on the ninth floor of Balaji Enclave Complex in Shreeji Vihar Colony within the Savina Kheda, Udaipur. Promptly, neighboring residents displayed vigilance and successfully evacuated the occupants of the affected family. Unfortunately, the fire fighting system on the ninth floor was found to be malfunctioning. According to the source, the fire has resulted in approximately 4 lakh worth of damages. The incident occurred while the homeowner, Sharad Mathur and his family were asleep. The blaze generated dense smoke that quickly filled the entire flat. Moreover, the smoke permeated beyond the confines of the apartment, alerting residents in neighboring flats. These concerned neighbors swiftly rushed to the scene to assist.
Efforts were made to evacuate everyone from the affected flat. Dinesh Purohit, Sushil Datt Sharma, and Hemant Dadhich, who reside on the seventh and eighth floors, recounted their attempts to activate the fire-fighting system to douse the flames. Unfortunately, the system failed to dispense water, complicating their firefighting efforts.
Following this incident, they established a connection from the eighth floor and successfully extinguished the fire. They leveled allegations against the society, claiming that the inactive state of the fire-fighting system was a consequence of the society's negligence. This negligence nearly led to a tragic event for one family. It is worth noting that they had previously communicated their concerns by writing letters to both the society and the municipal corporation, warning them about the deficiencies in the fire-fighting system, but unfortunately, their warnings went unheeded.
Source: Dainik Bhaskar