Fire in Amul Namkeen factory in Kaladwas
Amul Namkeen factory was on fire on late Monday night.
A namkeen factory in Kaladwas area was on fire on late Monday night. Everything inside the factory turned to ashes. Amul Namkeen factory in Kaladwas Industrial area caught fire which burnt up just everything in the factory. Prima facie the reason behind the fire is short circuit. It may be noted that the same factory caught fire towards April end, too, in which the owner Raju Belani and his brother got severe burns and are under treatment.
Police got information about this fire late night around 2 a.m. By the time police reached the spot, the entire factory was engulfed in fire. Around 12 vehicles from fire brigade made 50 rounds and finally took control over the massive fire in about 5 and half hours. The situation was so disastrous that fire fighting vehicles from Hindustan Zinc, too, reached the factory to assist the fire fighters. Smoke was initially noticed by the security guard of the soap stone factory nearby who in turn informed the owners after which the members of the association reached the spot.
Download the UT Android App for more news and updates from Udaipur
The biggest hurdle in controlling the fire was scarcity of water. When fire brigade vehicles went short of water, it was taken from Secure Metres nearby and then from Amul dairy. Since Amul dairy did not have enough water, the boring system of another factory was used. The industrial area has water issues. In case of any incident of fire, the nearest water available is 6 kilometres away in Madri Industrial area.
To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on GoogleNews | WhatsApp | Telegram | Signal