-It was speculated that some short circuit was the reason by the fire in the store.
-Burnt match sticks and cigarette butts prove otherwise.
On Monday evening store-2 in Municipal Corporation caught fire. It was being speculated that a short circuit could be the reason behind the fire in the store but now the reasons that have come forward are quite shocking.
Where smoking is prohibited in the premises and attracts a penalty of 200 rupees, there cigarette butts and burnt match sticks have been found in the store. Now it is being said that it is proof enough that it was not a short circuit that resulted in the fire but negligence of someone who had been smoking in the store.
While inspecting the store room along with the team, the Mayor spotted cigarette butts and burnt match sticks lying on the floor of the room. The open electric wire did not show any signs of short circuit and was intact. Apart from this electric wire, there are no other electricity lines or switch boards in the room. This is proof enough that someone was smoking here and was negligent enough to leave undoused cigarette butts in the room and as a result the bamboo and chairs in the room started burning.
A report on the issue has been demanded by the Mayor. The superintendent has been directed to find out the employees who smoke in the premises so that action can be taken against them as per the evidences collected.