Udaipur District: Food poisoning outbreak at wedding leaves 100 people ill in Mavli's village

Udaipur District: Food poisoning outbreak at wedding leaves 100 people ill in Mavli's village

Confectionary warehouse seized 

 
100 people sick

Two days ago, in the Mavli Tehsil area of Udaipur district, over 100 individuals who had attended a wedding feast fell victim to food poisoning. It was reported that some people's health began to deteriorate on Saturday 24 June, 2023 night, and by Sunday 25 June morning, several more patients had come forward.

On Sunday afternoon, the villagers notified the Medical and Health Department about the situation, prompting the dispatch of a medical team to the affected area. As the number of affected patients reached approximately 100, four medical teams were deployed on-site. Around ten patients were subsequently referred to Mavli and Khemli hospitals for further treatment.

Dr. Manohar Singh, the Block CMHO (Chief Medical and Health Officer) of Mavli, stated that he received information about villagers experiencing vomiting and diarrhea in various households. Following this, their teams promptly arrived at the location and initiated the necessary treatment. 

Food Inspector Narendra Singh Chauhan arrived at the village and conducted investigations regarding the illness outbreak. As part of his inspection, he collected samples of the food served at the wedding ceremony. Furthermore, he took necessary measures to ensure the integrity of the investigation by sealing the godown belonging to the confectioner who prepared the food for the event in the village.

The department established four teams on-site and commenced a comprehensive survey of all the households in the village. Medications were provided to individuals displaying symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea. For those whose health condition was more severe, treatment was initiated at the village medical center itself.

Ram Mansingh from the village shared that a wedding ceremony took place in the village two days ago, on June 23. Unfortunately, during the event, a significant number of attendees who consumed the food fell ill. Approximately 100 individuals experienced symptoms of illness. However, I am pleased to inform you that all of them have since recovered and are now in good health. Additionally, it has been noted that some of the relatives who visited from other villages also fell ill after returning to their respective villages.

Source: Dainik Bhaskar

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal