Furniture shop in Bapu Bazar catches fire
Crackers in wedding procession cause fire in furniture shop in Bapu Bazar.
A furniture shop in Bapu Bazar caught fire on Wednesday night. The shop is at first floor in the main market of the city.
It was most probably due to crackers bursted in a wedding procession that the furniture shop caught fire. A cracker seems to have landed on the first floor of the showroom where waste material was dumped. It was the roof top where all the waste product was kept for disposal. While some people in the wedding procession that was passing by the showroom bursted crackers, the crackers went straight onto the first floor and burnt up all the flammable products like curtains, furniture covers etc. lying there.
Fire brigade was informed immediately but they were short of ladder and couldn’t reach the first floor. Another vehicle was called for but in the meantime, people threw water on the fire from their own rooftop and managed to douse the fire to a great extent.
To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on GoogleNews | WhatsApp | Telegram | Signal