The government at the Central and State levels have agreed to relax the lockdown post 20 April depending on the ground level situations, and this time it will be comprehensive micro management model. States, Cities and Districts will establish their guidelines and permissions in line with the infection situation prevalent on 20 April. However the government has laid a dashboard and checklist of the permitted and disallowed activities, list of services and establishments for the states to follow. This dashboard will help the states to micro manage economic activity, albeit with some teething issues as is expected after commercials cycles resume post such a suddent lockdown.
KNOW WHAT WILL REMAIN CLOSED after April 20
- Domestic and International Air Travel; Passenger Trains; Buses; Metro; Taxis; Interstate Transport – except for Security & Medical Purposes.
- Industrial & Commercial activities. Hospitality services; Educational, Training, Coaching Institutions, etc.
- Cinema Halls, Malls, Gyms, Bars, Pools, Entertainment Parks, Assembly Halls, etc.
- All social, political, entertainment, sports complexes, religious places and other gatherings.
- Strict ban on sale of liquor, guthka, tobacco, etc.
KNOW WHAT WILL BE ALLOWED after April 20
CARGO SERVICES allowed after April 20
- Transportation of Cargo (inter and intra state) by Air, Rail, Land and Sea routes
- Carrier vehicles allowed with two drivers and one helper; empty vehicles for delivery/pickup of goods
ESSENTIAL SERVICES allowed after April 20
- Supply chain of essential goods like manufacturing, wholesale, retail, shops/carts for essential goods
- Large brick and mortar stores, dhabas, and truck repair shops on highways, movement of staff and labourers for essential services
MOVEMENT OF PERSONS allowed after April 20
- Private vehicles for medical emergency services & for procuring essential commodities
- In case of a 4-wheelers, one passenger in back seat besides the driver is permitted
- In case of 2-wheelers, only driver of the vehicle is permitted.
- All persons travelling to work place as exempted by State/UT/Local authority.
PUBLIC UTILITIES allowed after April 20
- Online educational services including teaching, training and coaching.
- MNREGA works, priority to irrigation and water conservation, workers to use face masks, & observe social distancing.
- Operations of Oil & Gas, Power, Postal Services, Water, Sanitation, Waste Management, Telecom & Internet Services
AGRICULTURE SERVICES allowed after April 20
- Farming operations in field; agencies engaged in procurement of agri products.
- Machinery shops, custom hiring centers, services related to fertilizers and seeds.
- APMC Mandis, direct marketing operations, harvesting and sowing.
- Operation of fishing like processing & sale, hatcheries, commercial aquaria.
- Plantations of Tea, Coffee, & Rubber allowed with maximum 50% workers.
- Animal Husbandry including distribution and sale of milk products, animal shelter homes, etc.
FINANCIAL SERVICES allowed after April 20
- RBI and RBI regulated financial markets and entities; Banks; ATMs; IT vendors for Banking operations.
- SEBI and Capital & Debt Market services; IRDAI and Insurance companies.
SOCIAL SERVICES allowed after April 20
- Homes for Children, Divyangs, Elderly, etc. including observation homes & after care homes.
- Disbursement of Social Security Pensions & Provident Fund by EPFO; Operations of Anganwadis
COMMERCIAL SERVICES allowed after April 20
- Print and Electronic Media; IT Services with opto 50% strength.
- Data & Call centers for Govt activities, CSCs and Panchayati level.
- E-Commerce companies, Courier Services, Cold Storage and Warehouses
- Private Security & Facilities Management services, Hotels and Homestays, etc.
- Establishments for Quarantine facilities, self-employed services like electrician, plumbers, etc.
INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS allowed after April 20
- Industries in Rural areas, SEZs & Export Oriented Units, Industrial Estates, Industrial Townships
- Manufacturing units of essential goods, IT hardware, Food Processing units, Jute industries
- Coal and Mineral production & Oil and Gas refinery; Brick kilns in rural areas
- Construction activities including roads, irrigation projects, renewable energy projects, construction projects in municipalities
HEALTH SERVICES allowed after April 20
- Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Telemedical Facilities, Medical Shops & Dispensaries
- Medical research, COVID 19 related labs and collection centers, authorized private establishments
- Veterinary hospitals, dispensaries, clinics, sale & supply of vaccines, medicines
- Manufacturing units, Medical Devices & Construction of Health infrastructure
- Movement of all medical personnel, scientists, nurses ,para-medical staff, laboratory technicians
Similarly, the government of India has also laid down a set of guidelines that need to be strictly adhered to, post the gradual opening up post April 20.
GUIDELINES FOR HOTSPOTS after April 20
- COVID19 Hostpots or clusters to be determined as per guidelines by Health Ministry
- In Hotspots, containment zones to be demarcated by States / UTs / District Administrators
- In these containment zones, exemption given from April 20 will not be applicable
- Strict perimeter control to ensure that no unchecked inward/outward movement except for essential services
GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC SPACES
- Wearing Face cover & practice social distancing compulsory
- Gathering of over 5 persons in public places is prohibited
- Marriage and Funerals to be regulated by the District Magistrate
- Spitting in Public spaces is a punishable offence
GUIDELINES FOR WORK PLACES after April 20
- Adequate arrangements for temperature screening and sanitizers; ensure social distancing norms
- Gap of one hour between shifts; encourage use of Aarogy Setu App
- Persons above 65 years and parents of children below 5 years encouraged to work from home
- All organisations to sanitize their workplaces between shifts; large meetings prohibited
The consolidated revised guidelines would not apply in containment zones, as demarcated by States/ UTs/ District administrations. If any new area is included in the category of a containment zone, the activities allowed in that area till the time of its categorization as a containment zone, would be suspended, except for those activities that are specifically permitted under the guidelines of Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India.