The under-construction building of Phoenix Lifestyle at Sukhadia Circle was on fire on Sunday night. The cause of fire has not yet been clarified though it is being assumed that short-circuit gave rise to the fire.
The labour in the building saw smoke on the 3rd floor and ran out for safety. As per eye witnesses, there were some people in the flats who also rushed out the moment they knew of the danger.
As informed by the security guard, he was on duty on Sunday night. He saw smoke and by that time the labour started rushing out. Fire brigade was immediately informed who reached the site and took control over the fire in half an hour.
One of the laboureres said that he along with others was painting the 5th floor. They sensed some smoke which grew and made it difficult for them to breathe. They rushed down the building where furniture work is going on at the 3rd floor.The glass panels at the 3rd floor also cracked due to the growing heat. The fire brigae team had to break open the door to make way for the water hoses.