Private Hospitals service charge capped at Rs 150 per dose - Vaccine Policy Amendment

Private Hospitals service charge capped at Rs 150 per dose - Vaccine Policy Amendment

Centre will take over the centralised vaccination drive from 21 June. Private Hospitals cannot charge more than Rs 150 above the cost of the vaccine.

 
vaccine policy free vaccination private hospitals covid vaccination in udaipur

Vaccination Policy changes formed the gist of the Prime Minister's address to the Nation on 7 June

Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation at 5pm today. As expected, a significant portion of the address was on the amendment to the vaccination policy, following backlash from across the nation and comments by the Supreme Court on the implementation of the earlier policies, especially after the second wave pulled the Indian government out of its callous approach.

As per the amended policy, the major reversal was that the Centre will take over the vaccination program as was done initially. The Centre will procure vaccines centrally and will supply the vaccines to the states free of cost.  The PM declared that vaccines will be provided free to all persons over the age of 18 years.

On vaccination through private hospitals, the PM said that 25% of vaccines will be continued to be procured by Private Hospitals. The remaining 75% will be procured by the Central government for distribution to States. However the private hospitals across India will NOT CHARGE more than Rs 150 per dose over the cost of the vaccine.

The PM in his addressed also clarified that seven firms across India are in the process of producing vaccines and the trials are in the advanced stage for three vaccines. Research work on the nasal vaccine is also in process.

Rajasthan, which has been at the helm of vaccination efforts, is set to witness the second phase of Unlock 2021 beginning Wednesday, 9 June. Other states are also defining their unlock strategies based on the demographics and infection rate as well as death rate. Punjab has extended its lockdown till 15 June, while allowing relief to the markets, permitting them to open till 5pm. Delhi is also in its second phase of unlocking with metros working at 50% capacity and operating on an odd-even basis. So is the case with malls. Mumbai and the rest of Maharashtra will also witness the effect of the partial release of lockdown restrictions.

Free Ration

The Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Yojna will be extended till Diwali. More than 80 crore relevant citizens of the country will benefit from the free ration distribution.

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal