Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for a total of 17 road projects in Rajasthan, with ceremonies held in Udaipur on Monday. The projects, valued at Rs 1613 crore, were inaugurated, while those worth Rs 977 crore had their foundation stones laid.
During the event, Gadkari emphasized the need to transition towards a state that exports energy. He proposed a shift away from reliance on coal and crude oil, envisioning a future where trains, flights, vehicles, and industries operate on hydrogen. He highlighted plans to produce methane, ammonia nitrate, and DME, aiming to reduce gas prices in LPG.
Gadkari underscored the broader societal benefits of this transition, including increased employment opportunities for youth and fairer prices for farmers' crops. He emphasized the importance of infrastructure development in rural areas, stating that villages require better roads, access to water, and adequate healthcare facilities. This, he noted, contributes to what he termed the "Happy Human Index."
Gadkari Inaugurated Various Projects
- Construction work of 6-lane of 93-km Chittorgarh-Udaipur section costing Rs 11 crore.
- Construction work of 2-lane paved shoulder of 44-km Beawar-Asind section costing Rs 206 crore.
- Construction of 2-lane paved shoulder of 43-km Asind-Mandal section at a cost of Rs 104 crore.
- Construction of 4-lane of 14-km Beawar-Gomati section (Baghana to Mada Ki Bassi) at a cost of Rs 104 crore.
- Construction of 4-lane of 16-km from Bhamrasiya at a cost of Rs 14 crore.
- The widening work of Modi-Kurabar road MDR-150 will also be inaugurated.
Foundation Stone of Some Projects Were Also Laid
- Construction of 2-lane paved shoulder of 26-km Gagaria-Munabav section at a cost of Rs 235 crore.
- Construction of 6-km elevated highway in Sanchore city at a cost of Rs 363 crore.
- 18-km road in Sakroda at a cost of Rs 20 crore, widening and strengthening work of Menar road.
- Widening work of 11-km Balukhal to Amlawada-All- Moukhampura road at a cost of Rs 13 crore.
- Widening and strengthening work of 13-km Ghanoli-Delwara road at cost of Rs 17 crore.
- Construction work of 7 bridges on railway crossing under Setubandhan project at Chenpura Gate.
- Jhilai Gate (Tonk), Rico Gate (Bharatpur), Hindaun Gate, Harsoli Gate, Double Gate (Alwar), Sanchore Gate.
Source: Times of India