50 Percent of the BUDGET announcements of the Rajasthan government have yet to be fulfilled

50 Percent of the BUDGET announcements of the Rajasthan government have yet to be fulfilled

Udaipur is allocated Rs.1,691 Crore towards Devas Yojana in the latest Budget 2023-24

50 %

Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot presented the last budget of the year 2023-24 on 10 February 2023. Udaipur allocated Rs.1,691 Crore towards Devas Yojana. CM made 195 announcements for Udaipur in the last four budgets of his tenure, but only 90 (46.15%) were fulfilled. Remaining 105 (53.85%) schemes did not come off the paper. For the last eight years, schemes related to drinking water have become like an illusion.

To quench the thirst of Udaipur, the budget announcement of Devas third and fourth scheme has been circulating in government files for 8 years. A Similar condition is seen for the Mansi Wakal scheme. Work on Delhi Gate flyover worth Rs.30 crore and Pulan-Fatehpur elevated road worth Rs.120 crore is also not completed. There is no buzz about Rs.150 crore Ayurveda intersection, Rampura intersection and Sisarma-Jhadol elevated road. Bhinder Jal Yojna, DPR work of 899 villages of Udaipur, Chittorgarh and Rajsamand, Jal Jeevan Mission Yojna was also not completed. 

The announcement of construction of dams in Kanod, Fatehnagar, Sanwad, Vallabhnagar, Bhinder, Kurabad is also limited to administrative's financial approval. Approval of DPR has been issued only for dams worth Rs.2500 crores on Kotra's Sei and Sabarmati river. 

Udaipur's demand to convert UIT into UDA was fulfilled in Udaipur's 2022-23 budget, but no one knows when UIT will become UDA. The proposal to include 140 villages in UDA is stuck in Jaipur for almost six months. 

Pending Dam Project:

To quench the thirst of Udaipur, the announcements of Devas III and IV Yojana are less real and more political. Under the project, two dams with storage capacity of 703 Mcft at Nathiya Thal (Devas-3) and 390 Mcft at Ambawa (Devas-4) of Gogunda are to be constructed.

It is proposed to bring this water to Devas-2 (Akodara Dam) by making an 11.05 km long tunnel. Then this water will come to Udaipur from Akodara. For this, a DPR of 1187 crores was made in the Vasundhara government in 2015, but the late MLA Kiran Maheshwari made changes in the dream project of former Home Minister Gulabchand Kataria and announced to take the water of Dewas 3-4 to Rajsamand. CM Gehlot announced a budget of 1603 crores to provide drinking water to Udaipur in this scheme, but till now only DPR has been prepared. Haven't got clearance from CWC. 

Ayad River Budget:

Udaipur's historic Ayad river has become an election issue for politicians for the last 30 years. Five years ago, a budget of Rs. 50 crores was given for its beautification, so it seemed that it would be rejuvenated like the Sabarmati River Front, but the responsible did not do concrete planning. 

Renovation Of Nehru Park, Rani Road and Maharana Pratap’s Armoury:

The Rajasthan Housing Board in Udaipur will renovate and beautify Nehru Park, Rani-Road, and Maharana Pratap's armoury in Myra's cave near Fatehsagar. It has been two years since a budget of 19 crores was approved for this project, yet the Nehru Garden in the heart of Fatehsagar Lake is sobbing tears of agony. Myra's cave is in desperate need of renovation and beautification. Rani Road was supposed to be a model road, but after just 200 meters, the firm abandoned the project. 

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal