Short circuit during welding in garage causes fire
Employee gets burnt as the diesel tank blasts while welding.
A garage in Ashok Nagar area was on fire on Monday night. There was a massive blast in the diesel tank due to short circuit. The incident occurred in the garage of Municipal Corporation when an employee was busy with welding work. Sadly the employee got 60 percent burns.
As a result of the short circuit, the diesel tank caught fire and it blasted burning the employee. The garage has its fire station hence the fire fighting vehicle took control of the situation at the earliest. Later the tanks were shifted to Madri. The burnt employee Khemraj Gameti was rushed to the hospital. The garage incharge informed that Khemraj was welding the broken gate which was right behind the dumper. Sparks during welding fell on the dumper and the wires in the dumper’s cabin caught fire immediately. This caused a blast in the diesel tank. Since the employee was standing at that very place, the fire engulfed him causing 60 percent burns.