Manav Seva Samiti (Reg no. -8/dev-Uday/1996)
World culture and tradition seems sinking with the fast growing globalization, fashion and technology. People are getting short of time and short of compassion. But fortunately, still some hearts cry out in pain of others & still some lamps are shining in dark. Some shining lamps of Udaipur with great hearts are lending helping hands to underprivileged patients coming to the city due to poverty. Manav Seva Samiti
is one of them which work for relief of patients and their relatives in Maharana Bhupal Hospital (Udaipur) and TB hospital (Badi). Aim of the organization:
This is a secular society on the belief that service to human is service to God. And working over this, they are providing medicines, fruits and food for the helpless and needy patients in hospital for free. Apart from this they are working on health awareness and reduction in environmental pollution in the city. The founder of this society is Mr. Hari Lalji Bumb
. Presently it is run by 51 permanent members (trustees) and 100’s of volunteers giving selfless services. They are active on all 365 days across the year. Most of its members are retired personals, lawyers and business men of the city. Anybody who wants to give selfless services is most welcomed here. Works undertaken by the society: 1. Medicine distribution:
2. Free food:
- No one should suffer in absence of medicines and with this thought medicines are distributed to poor patients.
- How to get it? Just fill up a form, get it signed by the doctor and produce it to the specified medical stores. Each patient is given medicines worth Rs.500. Also old medicines (not expired) are accepted from people and distributed. Since the establishment of the society, on an average Rs. 90,000 is spent on medicines every year.
3. Fruits distribution:
- Since last 11 years, this society is giving food to two relatives per patient within the Dharamshala in the hospital campus. There are about 125 people who take advantage of this facility in MB hospital and around 60 people in TB hospital every day.
- At MB hospital they are providing the dinner and at TB hospital they are giving food twice a day. There are more than 4,10,000 people from Udaipur and 1,01,000 people from Badi who took benefit of this facility till now.
- Anyone can donate any amount there and the donor gets a rebate of 50% in income tax according to sec 11AA through the 80G certificate of the society.
With an intention to personally meet every patient, society distributes fruits of around Rs. 10000/month. They cover 3 hospital wards every day in order to do so. 4. Help desk:
To provide hospital related information and directions to the patients and their relatives a help desk is established in the emergency ward of the hospital. With the help of this desk patients are also given emergency services and security. 5. Ambulance service:
A free ambulance is also run by the society. This service is mostly used by the poor to take the dead bodies to their home. Other services like insulin bank and blood donation is also provided by the society. Apart from Manav Seva Samiti, Bhagvati Devi Charitable Trust
is also providing food and services in hospital. Also Vagad Seva Sansthan