These regulations and SOP are a mandatory requirement for Gyms and Yoga centers to run during COVID times. IF your GYM or YOGA center is not observing the same, please report to the authorities for your own sake..
Gymnasiums and Yoga centers around the country were permitted to operate during normal business hours from today, after the MOHA permitted the same in the Unlock 3 guidelines that are applicable from 5 August.
Accordingly, in Udaipur most of the gymnasiums and yoga centers opened to its patrons. However, not much rush was seen on the first day, as gym enthusiasts are still playing safe, considering the immense rise in COVID cases in the city, with the first 5 days of August recording an average of over 32 cases per day.
In a conversation with UdaipurTimes, Vyom Bolia, owner of Healthline Fitness Studio, Panchvati said that nearly 40 patrons attended the gym session today. The gym, which usually operates straight from 6am till 8pm, is now going run in two shifts, i.e. 6am till 12pm and 4pm till 8pm. The entire gym premises will be sanitized between 12pm till 4pm.
Vyom, being a certified fitness specialist himself, suggested that people should begin gym activities as the delayed stay at home has surely affected fitness levels. Also, unsupervised exercises at home have resulted in injuries to many. Fitness routine in the gym will boost immunity and improve health in the long run, he opined.
Healthline Fitness studio is ensuring that each equipment in intermittently sanitized as well, after each session by a user. This is done by the housekeeping staff, and in absence, by the trainer himself.
Gyms and Yoga centers will be following the SOPs laid out by the MOHA in the Unlock 3 guidelines for Gyms and yoga centers. These regulations and SOP are a mandatory requirement for Gyms and Yoga centers to run during COVID times. IF your GYM or YOGA center is not observing the same, please report to the authorities for your own sake
- All gyms and yoga centers in containment areas will remain closed for public. Only those outside the containment zones will be allowed to operate.
- Persons above 65 yrs of age, children below the age of 10, pregnant women and persons with co-morbidities have been advised to refrain from going to the gym or yoga centers.
- Individuals need to maintain a minimum distance of 6 ft from each other.
- Masks are not to be used while performing exercises. Visors are a suggested replacement.
- Use of soap or sanitizers to clean hands as and when possible. Suggested after the use of each equipment.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be followed strictly – covering face while coughing or sneezing.
- Self-reporting of health and reporting illness at the earliest.
Following guidelines applicable before opening the centers to public:
- Floor area 4sqmeter per person
- Place exercise equipment to facilitate social distancing
- Utilize outdoor areas wherever possible
- Create specific entry and exit points with wall and floor markings
- Ensure queue management
- Promote card based or contactless payment
- Temperature setting of all AC’s should be within 24-30 degree Celsius
- Restrict members within the premises
- Dustbins and trash cans to be covered always
- Spa, Sauna, Steam bath and Swimming pool to remain closed.
- Disinfect entrances to premise, building and rooms
- Disinfect all open areas used by staff and visitors
- Disinfect washrooms and toilets at all times
- All equipment in gym to be regularly sanitized.
FOR THE COMPLETE SET OF REGULATIONS related to GYM and YOGA centers, please refer to this link.