One has to be aware of the new rules that IRCTC has introduced with respect to booking of train tickets online.
Booking will not be possible without verification. Read on
People who book train tickets online must be aware of the updates recently introduced by IRCTC. The online booking platform has made certain mandatory changes with respect to booking of train tickets.
As per the updated rules, the passengers will be required to complete the verification process which includes verification of mobile number and email ID failing which the booking will not be possible.
A log in ID and password are required for processing the bookings online. Password creation will require mobile number and email ID. Once these 2 are verified, a person can proceed with the booking of train tickets.
Step to book tickets on IRCTC:
- Visit the official page of IRCTC. A verification window will appear.
- Enter your pre-registered mobile (PRM) number and email ID on the verification page.
- The email ID and phone number can be edited option for which is available on the left side of the page.
- An OTP will be received on the registered mobile number and email ID once you hit the SUBMIT button.
- Enter the OTP in the section provided.
- Once the verification is complete, you will be able to book your tickets.