Travel Agents & Hoteliers protest against ban on entry of Private Buses

Travel Agents & Hoteliers protest against ban on entry of Private Buses

Travel agents and hoteliers who are dependent on tourism are on a protest against the administration’s decision of putting a ban against the entry of private tourist buses inside the city limits.

 

Travel Agents & Hoteliers protest against ban on entry of Private Buses

Travel agents and hoteliers who are dependent on tourism are on a protest against the administration’s decision of putting a ban against the entry of private tourist buses inside the city limits.

The sufferers have claimed that more than 90% of the people have opted out of the travel business or changed their professions due to the impose of the ban. The rest 10% are somehow managing their travel businesses, said Paras Singhvi, President of Udaipur Travel Association.

Singhvi also said that although the rules have been stated by the administration, the tourists coming and going out of the city are unaware of the check points and drop points which are creating a lot of trouble.

The sufferers are protesting in different ways for the past 7 days either by conducting rally, human chain at city circles but no satisfactory step is being taken by the administration in the favor of travel agents. They claim that the administrative laws are only being applied to private bus agents whereas, the movements of Roadways buses are least affected, Paras added.

Hotel Association President Vishwa Vijay Singh said that Udaipur being a tourist spot generates major income through this source. If the buses are not allowed to drop the tourists at the gate of hotels or nearby, it is going to affect them from coming to the city next time, ultimately affecting the earning.

A memorandum regarding their problems was handed over to the administrative officers including AdSP City and had a meeting with the collector of the city, but so far no proper decision has come out.

If their problems are not addressed, various travel agents, hoteliers and businessmen will stage a violent protest under the banner of Udaipur Travel Association which will be joined by many other associations of the city.

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal